Monday, August 15, 2011

My Design Career + Design Exhibition Sketches






My design Career Started out in Year 11 at St Dominics College with the Selection of the Design and Technology. At first I thought it would be interesting to study some design as i thought i could stimulate my brain in different ways. By the end of the course I had successfully finished the Major Design Project which was nominated for Powerhouse Museum Display and I was striving to design more!

I want to be a designer because I believe I have the potential to come up with ideas that are different and could benefit humanity even if it isn't the minority group of society. I also think that I have different Skills to offer both intellectually and practically.

I chose industrial Design for many reasons. The first inspiration was in early 2009 when I went to the Powerhouse Museum to see the DesignTech Exhibition of all the Top Major Design Projects of 2008 HSC students. During the Tour of the Museum a Speech was given by Alfred Boyadgis, who came First in Design & Technology for the HSC in 2008, describing what the journey of Design & Technology in the HSC was and promoting Industrial Design at UNSW. From then the course sounded like me, it had all the aspects of what areas and career options I wanted to study and it seemed like a course that i wouldn't get bored of.

Another Factor was a friend of my fathers who had study industrial design at UNSW and he told me that it was an excellent course to study that was interesting. But the choice of UNSW came from him saying that it the teachers there were better in the method of teachings and were recognized more in the design world. So Half way through the HSC my Goal was to study industrial Design at UNSW and being nominated at the end of the year for Powerhouse Museum Display I was sure that I had made the right decision.

I think my future in design will be that of helping humanity in some way. Growing up in church my whole life till this day I find it a necessity to help other people. As a young boy also, I had a very strong interest in the Human body and how it worked, So I see myself designing products that will somehow help those in needs like medical products. It is something that is also close to my heart as my grandmother has rheumatoid arthritis and seeing her in and out of hospital and struggling with everyday tasks I always think to myself "I wonder if I could do something to change that! not only for her but for other people with the same problem." At the end of my studies I plan to focus on these plans as so I can achieve to solve the problems of the people that are in need.

1 comment:

  1. it was so impressing to read what your passion of design is about. design is mostly defined as the solution of a large field of problems currently happening. so i agree you, or we should be focusing on how we can improve those problems by our own ways!

    ReplyDelete